Once again gusty winds played havoc with all junior football and netball preliminary finals played at Red Cliffs on Sunday.

NETBALL: Starting at 10 am with the Under 13 Division Two  match between Mildura and Red Cliffs.

After an even first half Red Cliffs gradually got on top in the second half, mainly with greater accuracy by their attack, Final scores

 Red Cliffs 27 Mildura 19.

Red Cliffs now on to meet South Mildura in the Grand Final.

 At 11 am Under 13 Division One game saw South Mildura get out to a good lead early and always had a double digit lead.

They ran out winners over Imperials 32 to 19.

 They now have a rematch with undefeated Mildura next week.

 At 12 noon the under 15 Division Two  match between Wentworth and Irymple was an even affair in the first half but Irymple gradually got on top late in the third period and ran out winners by 42 to 32

 They now meet Mildura in the Grand Final next Sunday.

 In the final game at 1 pm the Under 15 Division One match saw Mildura jump out to an early lead against South Mildura who pegged them back to just two goals at half time.

 In an entertaining second half Mildura always held sway to run out winners by 41 points to 35.

They have also set up a rematch with undefeated Irymple next Sunday.

 Grand final times yet to be confirmed.

FOOTBALL: In the Under 13 boys football preliminary final all players had difficulty with the strong wind which forced most of the play to the scoreboard side.

 After a close first half Red Cliffs got on top of Robinvale Euston and although the Eagles got to within a few points in the last quarter Red Cliffs were too strong running out winners 8-2 to 4-8. League leading goalkicker Max Leader kicking five goals with the Tigers now again meet undefeated Irymple in the Grand Final.

It was an emotional win for the Under 13 side, coached last season by the late Frank Dichiera, who was also President of the Red Cliffs Junior Football Club at the time of his passing,

In the under 14’s Mildura played Irymple in a game where neither side seemed to handle the conditions but Mildura proved to be the stronger team running out comfortable winners 5-10 to 0-1. Irymple were held goalless by a steady Mildura defence till virtually the last two minutes of the game

Mildura have set up a rematch with undefeated Robinvale Euston next Sunday.

Both football games were officiated by Sunraysia Football League umpires Billy Stevens and James Sammut.